We at Berlet Roofing represent your best interest.
The Insurance Adjuster represents the insurance company’s best interest.
We will work, for you, to ensure your home is returned to its pre-storm condition and making your family safe from future weather encounters. Below are the steps we will help you through to ensure your repairs go smoothly and at a minimal cost to you when possible.
1) Property Inspection:
- Berlet Roofing will complete a property inspection and document the damage with pictures and written details for free.
2) File your Claim Now:
Your Berlet Roofing Project Manager will help you to…
- Contact your insurance company directly through their 1-800- number.
- Inform the insurance company of the date of loss (date of damage).
- Inform the insurance company that your property has been inspected by a qualified contractor (that would be us).
- Inform the insurance company to forward the “Claim Number” to the Berlet Roofing Project Manager.
- Answer any other Insurance related questions.
3) Adjusters First Contact:
- The insurance adjuster will contact you and schedule your inspection that is completed by the insurance company.
- You must contact your Berlet Roofing Project Manager with the date and time of the Insurance Companies inspection, so that he may be present to represent your best interest.
4) The Adjuster Meeting:
- THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE PROCESS.
- This meeting will determine the scope of damage to your property and plans for repair, if necessary.
- Berlet Roofing will be by your side to represent YOU. Remember the adjuster represents the insurance company and the goals of their company.
5) The Report:
- Your insurance company will send you a “Scope of Loss Report” itemizing the loss in detail.
- Your Project Manager will review and explain the “Scope of Loss Report” to ensure the agreed upon scope of the damage is complete, accurate, and at an agreeable price.
6) Finalize the Project:
- You will work with the Berlet Roofing Project Manager to select materials and colors of your roofing and repairs.
- Together we will determine the start date that best suits your schedule.
- The first check from your insurance company will serve as down payment to order materials.
- Berlet Roofing will have materials delivered to your home.
- Berlet Roofing schedules all work to be completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Berlet Roofing will ensure your property is left free of construction materials once work is completed.
- You ENJOY your new home!